Friday 9 March 2007

Friday 9 March


We are due to set sail on Wednesday. The dogs' passports are ready - they are Spanish citzens already having brought them in to the EEC from Ecuador where I lived for several years. They spent six months in Spain before being allowed into the UK. When we arrived at Madrid airport I found them going around the luggage belt in their travelling boxes. Nobody asked to see their papers and we wheeled them straight through. After spending 6 months in Spain (a stipulation by the UK authorities despite all their paperwork), we brought them via ferry from Santander to Plymouth only to find that we were waved straight through and no papers were checked.

I have been sorting through my boxes that have been up in my parents' attic. While up there I came across my mum's quilts and have taken photographs of these and put them on my website www.activeenglish.co.uk . She's very talented but alas I did not inherit an ounce of her creativity.

3 comments:

Val Grainger said...

Good luck Kerry!

We are thinking of you!

Phil is here this weekend working on my wall with a very good wwoofer called Lisa.........we are all having a good time and the sun is shining!

Looking forward to visiting Galicia!

Val

Antonio Galiza said...

Hi Kerry:
You´re really welcome to Galicia.
Thanks a million for your support on the Tanquian course, I´m sure we can share a lot of PC actions from now.
I´ll be deligthted visiting your house, It could be better on may, I´ll say to you.
If you experience any problem with evaluation´s understanding, please contact me.
Stay in contact.

Regards
Antonio

Nick said...

Paperwork is always like that, but I bet if you'd missed out one signiture on page 8 the cops would have been down on your like a ton of bricks while they waved the cocaine smugglers through. I remember your mum's quilts from back in Kildwick, you're right, she is talented. My grandmother used to crochet quilts making little squares of wool. It's the sort of thing you take for granted at the time but in the end things like that outlive us all.

The Journey Begins

In actual fact the journey began some time ago. The Design course has reinforced decisions that had already been made and given me the tools to put together some sort of plan to make that first step a little less daunting. I returned from the two week course today and although extremely tired I have been so motivated not just by the course, but by the people I had the good fortune to meet, that I have created this blog. I owe a great deal of thanks to those people, for their inspiration, support and a great deal of laughter. I'm not sure what the outcomes will be, but I am sure it will be an interesting journey and welcome you to join me.