Monday 22 October 2007

Bee Keepers Excursion - Cooperativa de Erica mel


We set off on our trip which was part of the organic beekeepers course organised by the local agricultural school. First stop was the honey cooperative which was an interesting insight into how honey from many different sources is managed and produced under the Miel de Galicia label.








The honey is poured into a large tank where it is heated to a specified temperature - This particular batch was mixed flower honey but both Chestnut and Eucalyptus honey were produced.






It then passess through several filters to ensure purity.


It was then passed through via pumps to be bottled and labelled.





1 comment:

NM said...

Send me a message at flythecollie@gmail.com

The Journey Begins

In actual fact the journey began some time ago. The Design course has reinforced decisions that had already been made and given me the tools to put together some sort of plan to make that first step a little less daunting. I returned from the two week course today and although extremely tired I have been so motivated not just by the course, but by the people I had the good fortune to meet, that I have created this blog. I owe a great deal of thanks to those people, for their inspiration, support and a great deal of laughter. I'm not sure what the outcomes will be, but I am sure it will be an interesting journey and welcome you to join me.