Sunday 6 April 2008

Orchard just reclaimed





It has been a challenging start to the year hence the delay in adding to the blog. Life or people sometimes have a way of throwing things at us that are not expected.


The orchard has been a real challenge with brambles as big as the trees they are covering lashing us at every opportunity. We now have permission for burning wood from the tree prunings and we began this nervously this morning. The ground is dry and the weather incredibly hot, but this is due to change again this week. Two weeks ago we had snow, yesterday temperatures were in the 20s. The trees have repaid us with their beautiful blossom and the bees have loved it. Seeds and potatoes have been planted and the galeria is full of seed trays on the go. This means I have been here for a year!















The neighbours appeared for Semana Santa (Easter Week) and brought
us two very cute rabbits - male and female. We debated the whole eating thing and my daughter decided that they should be pets - Dora and Diego. We have persuaded friends to have the male as a pet and we now have the female and possibly more due soon. A run was constructed hastily using what wood we had around and mesh we had bought for fencing and the dog travelling box was used as a hutch.



No comments:

The Journey Begins

In actual fact the journey began some time ago. The Design course has reinforced decisions that had already been made and given me the tools to put together some sort of plan to make that first step a little less daunting. I returned from the two week course today and although extremely tired I have been so motivated not just by the course, but by the people I had the good fortune to meet, that I have created this blog. I owe a great deal of thanks to those people, for their inspiration, support and a great deal of laughter. I'm not sure what the outcomes will be, but I am sure it will be an interesting journey and welcome you to join me.