Tuesday 24 June 2008

Shade



The sun finally came and the many seedlings needed some shade while the barn area was being re-roofed so they were moved up to my ruin where they are doing well. I have a lot of aromatic herb plants - no you can´t get a great meal out of them but the bees and insects love them and they are good for the soul. Just smell some lavender, Anise Hyssop, Fennel, Rosemary, Lemon Balm etc and you´ll know what I mean. I struggled to keep up with the potting on and keeping track of them all - I´m so good at loosing labels that many end up ´anonymous´ which is a bit of pot luck at the end of the day. Mum has
been a great help keeping it all going. It´s not something you can do on your own and like any project needs the energy of many. Considering we are not many the progress this year has been amazing. Our spiral has spiralled into plants and flowers of all sorts, shapes and colours. I gave up trying to keep track of them all but it´s florishing.





Water storage has been lacking this year which is a shame as we have had so much rain. It is a priority of next year now via ponds or containers and hopefully some money will be found for guttering on the ruin to direct it all into the holding tanks. The water butt we do have fills up in a single downpour so size is important.

No comments:

The Journey Begins

In actual fact the journey began some time ago. The Design course has reinforced decisions that had already been made and given me the tools to put together some sort of plan to make that first step a little less daunting. I returned from the two week course today and although extremely tired I have been so motivated not just by the course, but by the people I had the good fortune to meet, that I have created this blog. I owe a great deal of thanks to those people, for their inspiration, support and a great deal of laughter. I'm not sure what the outcomes will be, but I am sure it will be an interesting journey and welcome you to join me.