Thursday 6 September 2007

Thursday 6 September


I have decided to get on my bike so twice a week I cycle my little girl to nursery. It has been great. The other day I rode on from the nursery to visit a friend who is trying to start a small organic agricultural business. I've offered to help her as a volunteer for half a day a week and to my surprise she's reciprocated the offer - an extra pair of hands and a bit of motivation from another person will be great. During the ride I thought how lucky I was to cycle through such beautiful countryside with mountains, forests and farms. It wasn't too hot as autumn is here and the leaves are starting to change colour. Today this impression was topped by a wonderful sight of a field of people digging up potatoes following the harrow pulled by two docile cows. What a good feeling this sight gave me. I'm so grateful that I've taken the time out to saviour all this. Of course I had to peddle all the way back again with a fair few up-hill gradients on the way and I really must try and get a softer saddle! Unfortunately I had no camera on me to capture this work of art so instead I am including my neighbours sheep who are escape artists.

1 comment:

Nick said...

You always were keen on a bit of cycling, so long as it was mostly downhill. It just sounds so beautiful where you are.

The Journey Begins

In actual fact the journey began some time ago. The Design course has reinforced decisions that had already been made and given me the tools to put together some sort of plan to make that first step a little less daunting. I returned from the two week course today and although extremely tired I have been so motivated not just by the course, but by the people I had the good fortune to meet, that I have created this blog. I owe a great deal of thanks to those people, for their inspiration, support and a great deal of laughter. I'm not sure what the outcomes will be, but I am sure it will be an interesting journey and welcome you to join me.